About Art Therapy Without Borders, Inc.
Art Therapy Without Borders, Inc., is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit incorporation organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and networking purposes to promote, develop, and support international art therapy initiatives and the work of art therapists worldwide. ATWB was founded in April 2010 to meet the need for an organization dedicated to a global art therapy community; the exchange of information, news, media, and resources; the development of online educational opportunities; and the advancement of collaboration and research. Our core mission is to encourage the use of art in service to others in need through art therapy, art in healthcare, and art as a form of social transformation.
The Art Therapy Alliance and International Art Therapy Organization have formed this umbrella organization to consolidate our programs, but still provide the art therapy community with a vital social network dedicated to education, research, information exchange, and service to others.
Our Vision and Purpose:
• To promote the therapeutic use of art and advancement of art therapy research in mental health, healthcare, educational, community, and independent practice settings;
• To establish an international network of colleagues, students and other interested individuals;
• To support the development of education, communication, and exchange of information on art therapy;
• To promote understanding of art therapy through dissemination of leading edge news and development of media, online education, archives, and publications;
• To encourage public recognition of art therapy through development of opportunities to serve to others in need, enhance health, and transform lives;
• To advance collaborative research and program development
Art Therapy Without Borders, Inc.
Promoting international art therapy initiatives in mental health, healthcare, & education worldwide
© 2011 Art Therapy Without Borders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.